Nicknames of this club are Pride of the North, Green-White Army or Farmers. The Pride of the Dutch North thus plays in green and white colours, which are both on the home jersey and the club emblem. Their shrine is the Euroborg Stadium, which holds a total of 22 579 spectators and has been open since 2006. It replaced the old Oosterpark Stadion, where the team had played since 1933. The Dutch football club was founded in 1915 in the town of the same name, Groningen.
More about FC Groningen
Founded in 1920, SC Heerenveen plays its home games in the stadium named after Abe Lenstra, a football legend who scored 523 goals in five hundred games between 1936 and 1954. The capacity of this shrine is currently 27 224 spectators. The club's original name was Athleta, later Spartaan and v. v. Heerenveen in 1922. The club's most famous era began during the Second World War, when 'De Superfriezen' managed to regularly beat even Ajax.
More about SC Heerenveen